Rosacea as a skin condition can be considered as something that is quite popular. This is because it definitely affects a lot of people in the world. However, as a skin condition, not many people are quite aware of it.
This lack of awareness is one of the main factors that limit the available treatment options for Rosacea. If few people know about it, then basically only a few people care about it.
In order to promote awareness of Rosacea, here are some basic facts regarding Rosacea.
Who are susceptible to Rosacea?
Basically this skin disease is common in two distinct groups. Firstly, rosacea manifests a lot in women who are undergoing menopause. These menopausal women get Rosacea because of the hormones that are being chaotic in her body.
These hormones result to the manifestation of Rosacea in many menopausal women. Aside from menopausal women, Rosacea is also prevalent in people with fair skin. Nobody knows why. But this is the way it is.
This means a woman with fair skin and also undergoing menopause is in a very high probability position of getting Rosacea.
Basic symptoms of Rosacea
The basic symptoms of Rosacea include the following:
- Inflammation and redness that occurs all over the face and other parts of the skin. These red splotches can get inflamed during severe attacks and this leads to pain and discomfort to the person suffering from Rosacea.
- Visible blood vessels under the skin also form in people with Rosacea. This results to visible lines crisscrossing the skin of the face.
- Acne and swelling of the skin is also common in people with Rosacea. This affects the way that a person looks. They no longer look attractive because of the Rosacea in their face.
- Swollen, painful noses is also common in Rosacea. The red bumps, inflammation and other common Rosacea symptoms can occur in the nose and this can be very painful. This is because the skin of the nose is quite thick and the redness can make it thicker which can be quite painful.
- Swollen teary eyes. If the redness and inflammation occurs in the skin surrounding the eyes, the eyes can result to some swelling as well as tears.
There is no cure for Rosacea. The best that the industry can offer is to treat the symptoms. This means if the swelling can get so big and unmanageable, a person can use creams or pills to bring the swelling down.
If the symptoms get too painful, then the person takes some anti pain medication. The point of the matter is, a person with Rosacea will have to live with the condition permanently. This is why he has to know everything there is to know about managing his symptoms.
These are just some of the basic facts of Rosacea. For those who wish to know more, one of the best things is to talk to a doctor.
This way, they will be in a better position to make a decision on how to deal with their own Rosacea problems.